jofglastingburi (jofglastingburi) wrote,

Pennsic Recap

Left on Saturday the 27th at 4:00 a.m. and made it by noon - no traffic - smooth sailing!  That evening I helped out at the Known World party.  What's with everyone throwing socks rolled up into balls?  I was concerned they would end up in the meatball and cheese savory.  They did - after I left around 9:30 p.m.  Monday was the Runnymeade dinner that I helped serve.  The food was delicious - must get the recipe for the pink garlic sauce.  I took 3 - 3 hour classes on bobbin lace and a 3 hour class on how to make a linen hood.  Also took one feast class and 2 embroidery classes.  So many classes - so little time.  The play by I Sebastiani was a riot - food fight at the end reminded me of a Galagher skit - they even brought out canvas to cover the audience.  The camp was smaller this year - Jehan and Luc didn't come and Miriam's youngest son (he is getting married next week); however, she did bring her oldest son from Israel and her granddaughter.  Hallel is in fourth grade and if there was a war point for the person who did the most and got the most out of Pennsic - she would have won - saw a battle, went to the children's water battle, children fete, classes, plays, music entertainment - she was soaking up knowledge like a sponge.  She finished my inkle loom project and I taught her how to do fingerloop braiding and lucet.  Evaine showed her and her father how to play a few medieval games.  Both her and her father made a great addition to the camp!

I left Friday morning at 7:00.  Hopefully I didn't wake anyone up - was pretty quiet until it came time to fold up the tent.  Got on 79 going south for 2 exits before I could turn around, then had smooth sailing until I reached the bridge over the Hudson.  Why have Ezpass if you are going to make everyone go thru a gate that raises and closes.  Connecticut was a nightmare of traffic but I got home by 5:00.

Saturday left for NH for my brother's wedding and came back Sunday.  Took Monday off to unpack and do laundry.

Chris is still on antibotics but not 100%  - we don't know if the antibotics are affecting his stomach or if there is still something going on.  He sees the doctor on Tuesday but he worried they will want to do surgery.  Keep your fingers crossed.

  • Chris' Surgery

    After going back to work in January after colon and then cataract surgery, Chris started having shoulder pain in both shoulders and numbness and…

  • Home Again

    Chris made it home today. He is still in pain but it's manageable and he is able to get around pretty much on his own. Quite a change from Friday…

  • Surgery was Successful!

    Went in this morning at 6:00 and they took Chris in at 8:15. 2 hours later the doctor said it was a success. They took out 8 inches of his colon.…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment